Wednesday, June 27, 2012

It's Too Hot To Do Anything!

Remember I told you when I started this blog that it was my job to complain about the weather when it got to be over 110 degrees? Well, it's time! Phoenix has never been known to be balmy and  mild, but 112 degrees and climbing? Naw, it's just not my kind of weather. It just saps my strength and energy, so I tend to do nothing but think, plan and connive! Hahahahaha................boy someone's going to get it!  I have had my Grandson, Joshua, for several visits during his school vacation and we have had some wonderful visits. He's feeling much better these days, so I wanted to thank you for your prayers. I'll admit I have been discouraged about my blog undertaking as of late, because it requires good photography, downloading, linking, linking back, installing a button to a side bar, etc, and I always have a hard time getting those to work, so today I thought I would just blog, without any of the fancy stuff, and just have a good time.
My brother Steve and sil Becky will be here in July for a visit and I'm really excited about that! They will spend most of their time in Sedona and then before they leave AZ they will make a visit to Phoenix. No, they're not crazy, they just love me.  I met a gracious, sweet, and wonderful lady by the name of Susie, who has a blog and Etsy shop with some awesome vintage items in her store. She blessed me in a way I never expected, but I will have to save this wonderful story for later, since it would ruin a surprise I am putting together for my Mom. You can find this sweet lady, Susie, at lemonverbena1 on Etsy and on her blog with the same name. Thank you again, Susie, for your gracious gesture! I can't wait to tell the whole story!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Judy ~ It's Lana / Honeysuckle Lane. I was wondering if you still wanted the pillow? It was #26 at http://hlshop.blogspot.com/. If you have changed your mind, that's ok. :)
    I tried replying to your email several times but it kept coming back to me as undeliverable. Have a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun, I can't wait to hear all about your surprise. It is sooooooooooo hot, and I am so ready for it to be gone. Just 2 more months, if I can stand it that long. Thanks for the visit on the blog, it was so fun to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you saw some great features on the cloche party. There are so many, it is unreal. People are so clever and so creative. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, And I thought we had it HOT. At least we had some rain, but all it did was make the heat wet. I think I am about ready for Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweet Judy!!! Thank you so much for stopping by to visit my blog today ~ I'm so sorry about the awful heat, that's just crazy hot!! I wanted to officially welcome you to blogland...you will make so many wonderful friends here, true kindred spirits! You mentioned the purse I made, I just made that one up as I went along, I guess I should have created a real pattern for it but sadly didn't. I need to make another one soon, it's so fun making them! Wishing you a great rest of the week sweet friend...hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl...we can so relate to the heat as you know...Oklahoma is literally on fire and yesterday we hit 113. It's horrible....

    I think it's funny your brother's name is Steve and SIL, Becky. That is what my hubby is, Steve...and my family all calls me Becky! :)

    Thinking of you and praying for rain!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete